Saturday, August 29, 2009

Crazy people

Ok, I have this friend. She is a wonderful friend for the most part because she's always there if you need her and she looks out for you. She has a mental disability, but is in complete denial. I've known her since we were kids and I know for a fact there is something wrong with her mentally. I've never held this against her because I'm not a judgemental person. What I do have a problem with is the fact that she thinks that she knows everything and she's highly addicted to pills. The addiction really worries me. I would never turn my back on her because for one, she has always been there for me and two, her family treats her like dirt.

It never fails that when I'm telling her about something that happened, she's always got something to say about it. It's as if she knows exactly why it happened and when you tell her no that's not why, she argues the fact. And god forbid she hear a rumor because she'll swear it's true and not even look at the source it's coming from. That really kills me. Though she's really helpful when it comes to what people are saying about me because as soon as she hears something, she calls. It's great. I love hearing what people have to say about me. Considering the only time I leave the house is to shop or go outside to play with my son or go swimming, people really shouldn't have anything to say about me. That's a whole different story though and maybe one day I'll blog about that.

Her addiction really scares me. I dated a guy last year who was an addict and his addiction got so bad that he couldn't function without pills, but again that's a whole different story. She hurts which is understandable, but her pain can't really be that bad. I've seen her help lift 100 pound barrells of shrimp, so don't come at me with the pain story. I hurt and I function without medication, but you don't see me lifting on 10 of these barrells in a day to further aggitate the pain. The doctor currently prescribes pain patches, vicoden, tramadol, and soma. First of all that's just too much. Second of all, she runs out far before the month is over. That's what scares me the most. She's using too much. The patches are supposed to last 3 days each, but sometimes she'll have on 2-3 at a time. She could easily overdose especially while taking the other medications with them. She doesn't understand that she's addicted; she knows she wants it, but talks bad about others because they are strung out. You can't tell her anything.

She's always been a good friend to me even when I wasn't such a great person. I've been down that road before so I won't turn my back on her. Her brother used to be my best friend when we were growing up and even before I got pregnant we were really good friends. Needless to say we're not friends anymore because of the fact he is very close minded. He treats my friend like shit. He abuses her both physically and mentally when she won't give him any of her "dope". He's a worthless bastard. Her mother treats her like pure dirt. Even though she does have this mental disability, she knows how to take care of herself, she can half ass manage her money, and she isn't a child. When her mother was the payee of her check, she would use her money to pay her cell phone bill and other bullshit items. I helped my friend contact social services and she now has a social worker. What does her mother think about me because of this? Oh I'm such a bad friend. Her father passed away in 2007 and that was possibly the worst thing that could have happened to her because he was good to her. He bought her a car before he passed away, but now it's in her mother's name so she barely gets to drive it. Her mother also bought a trailor for my friend to live in, but charges her rent money every month; Her brother who lives with her, pays nothing. Even her sister is a bitch to her. Her sister has a son and barely lets my friend see him. It's really sad because she's great with kids. My son loves her to death and is always so happy to see her when she comes around.

Despite her flaws, she is a great friend. We have to be able to see the good in people and know that our kindness goes a long way. She treats my son as if he's her very own nephew and I love that. Even though I'd like to slap the shit out of her sometimes because of that mouth, I love her! I guess we all feel that way about our friends sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment